Cement free refractory concretes
REYMA-Reotix has been developing since 2000 a range of thixotropic refractory materials based on SOL-GEL technology, which eliminates the use of aluminous cement as a binder in the refractory concrete and consequently the use of water in the mixture is removed. Instead, a basic bonding liquid (silica colloidal solution) with refractory properties is used.
These types of materials are ideal to use in non-controlled or fast drying areas due to the urgency of the repair, as well as in contact with molten metals, of both ferric and non-ferric nature. The SOL-GEL System forms a chemical – ceramic bonding, less sensitive to heating up speed, forming a more flexible three-dimensional network structure, achieving higher refractoriness.
Benefits of the SOL-GEL System
- Reduced dry-out and heat-up times. Quicker installation.
- No risk of spallings.
- Low sinterisation temperature.
- High resistance against chemical attack.
- Excellent behaviour against molten metals.
- High mechanical resistance and against metal slags.
- Better resistance against thermal shock.
- Longer storage time.
- Easy application.
- Bonding liquid with refractory properties.
- Wide range of materials.
- No need of special machinery.
Cement Applications of SOL-GEL System:
- Grate coolers: front wall, side ramps/walls, horseshoe, benches, bull nose.
- Kiln outlet nose-ring.
- Kiln hood.
- Any repair needing a quick dry-out and heat-up.